- Parchment paper
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (I omitted this)
- 6 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated (1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled (1 1/2 cups) (about 8 slices)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut an 18-inch long piece of parchment paper. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 10-by-15 1/2-inch pan. Pinch the corners to prevent the egg mixture from running under the parchment paper.
- Place cottage cheese and half-and-half in a blender and process for 20 seconds, or until well combined. Add flour and salt and blend for 20 seconds.
- Add eggs to the blender and process until well incorporated and the mixture is lemon colored.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-33 minutes, or until the omelet is puffy and golden.
- Remove omelet from the oven; immediately spread with Dijon mustard. Sprinkle with 3/4 of the cheese; top with bacon. Starting on one short side, roll up jelly-roll fashion, removing parchment paper as you roll.
- Garnish with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes, until the cheese melts. Slice into wedges.
Note: I halved the recipe and baked the omelet roll for 15 minutes but the center was not set. So I switched to convection baking and baked for an additional 5 – 10 minutes.
Makes 8 servings