- 1 (4 to 5 pound) beef brisket, (flat cut preferred)
- 1/2 cup organic dry onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon Organic Beef Base
- (1 envelope Lipton dry onion soup mix can be used instead of the onion flakes and beef base)
- 3/4 cup burgundy wine or other dry red wine
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
Directions – In Oven
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position; heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with wide heavy-duty foil, allowing excess foil to extend beyond edges of pan. Place brisket on top of foil.
- In a small bowl, mix the dry onion, beef base and the wine. Pour over the brisket.
- Fold foil extensions over and seal completely. Place in oven and cook at an hour per pound. Brisket should be so tender that it falls apart when you try to pick it up.
Directions – Crock Pot
- Add the dry onion, beef base and the wine to the crock pot. Mix well.
- Add the brisket and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.