Skip to content
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- salt & pepper (I use quite a bit)
- paprika (I use quite a bit)
- 1 tbsp. chicken bouillon, crushed
- Package wide egg noodle pasta, cooked
- Mix ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, ¼ of the onion and salt and pepper. Roll into small meatballs and set aside.
- In a heavy pan, sauté remaining onions in oil until translucent.
- Stack the meatballs on top of the onion (can be in multiple layers). Top with bouillon, sprinkle liberally with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Pour in a half cup of water (or until the water comes half way up the first layer of meatballs). Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce the temperature to low and simmer for a half an hour. (Do not remove the lid during this time because it is the steam that cooks the meatballs).
- Serve over pasta with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.