Skip to content
- kosher salt
- 2 plain eight-inch flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup (3 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- filling of choice – I use both Chili Rubbed Shredded Beef Brisket and Crock Pot Chicken Taco Meat
- Heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high to high heat until hot, about 2 minutes. Place 1 tortilla in skillet and toast until soft and puffed slightly at edges, about 1 minutes. Flip tortilla and toast until puffed and slightly browned, about 1 minute longer. Slip tortilla onto cutting board. Repeat to toast second tortilla while assembling first quesadilla.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese, filling of choice, and half of the jalapeños, if using, over half of tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch border around edge. Fold tortilla in half and press to flatten. Brush top side generously with oil, sprinkle lightly with salt, and set aside. Repeat to form second quesadilla.
- Place both quesadillas in skillet, oiled sides down; cook over medium heat until crisp and well browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Brush surfaces with oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Flip quesadillas and cook until second sides are crisp and browned, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer quesadillas to cutting board; cool about 3 minutes, halve each quesadilla, and serve.