Skip to content
- 2 pounds bonelass chuck steak, cut into one-inch thick slices
- 3/4 cup Cabernet Sauvignon or other dry red wine (cheep wine is ok)
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper the steak to taste (I use quite a bit). On the stove top, brown all sides of the chuck steak in olive oil and butter.
- Drain most of the liquid.
- Pour wine around steak (not on top of).
- Cover and simmer for about 2 1/2 hours or until very tender.
- Check to turn every so often and ensure that the wine hasn’t completely evaporated. If the wine has evaporated add a little water or more wine.