Skip to content
- 12 ounces cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto or ham, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup water, reserved from cooking pasta
- salt and pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Melt butter in skillet and cook garlic for 1 minute.
- Add Prosciutto and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add nutmeg and simmer until cream is thickened and reduced by half.
- Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan and peas.
- Stir in reserved cooking liquid and tortellini and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.